REMOTE FLY-IN FISHING DAY TRIPS!
In 2015 and in keeping with its long tradition of providing sportsmen and outdoor enthusiasts with The Ultimate Outdoor Adventure, Marten River Lodge introduced fly-in fishing day trips to remote lakes in northern Ontario and aerial sight-seeing charters over Temagami. In partnership with Lakeland Airways of Temagami, Ontario these fly-in fishing adventures have become extremely popular with our guests.
Flights depart from Lakeland Airway’s base in Temagami and return to MRL docks. Guests are flown to one of four different lakes for a chance at catching trophy bass and pike. Boats, motors, fuel, bait, lunch, ground and air transportation as well as a guide are included in our fly-in adventure service.
Many anglers long for the chance at experiencing a fly-in fishing trip, but don’t necessarily want to spend thousands of dollars to rough it for a full week at an isolated, remote camp way up north somewhere. Our new fly-in fishing day trip packages allow guests to fulfill their bucket list at far less cost and return to a comfortable cabin and home-cooked meal in a single day. Fly-in Fishing Day trips are offered as part of our Ultimate Deluxe Fishing & Adventure Package and can also be added to any of our other adventure package plans.
Marten River Lodge has been in business for over 85 years, founded in 1933 as the first licensed fishing resort in the Temagami region. Owners Ray & Donna Sapiano purchased the business in 2012 and have worked diligently to continue to build on MRL’s success as a premier fishing, hunting, cottage and corporate retreat destination. “Our guided remote back lake trips are extremely popular with our guests,” says Ray Sapiano. “We have several remote lakes we access by truck, UTV or by Argo. Adding a fly-in remote fishing component to our business was a natural step for us - and it's proven to be very popular.”
Lakeland Airways has been in business for over 60 years, flying sportsmen and outdoor enthusiasts for fly-in fishing, hunting and canoe trips to outposts and remote lakes in northern Ontario. Pilot Darren Gareh insists on flying his guests personally in his de Havilland Beaver, C-FJKT and on providing a professional, safe and memorable experience. “MRL guests enjoy the same quality experience we offer to all our customers combined with the extended services provided by their hosts,” says Darren.
Fishing guests are encouraged to book well in advance. Flights will depart from Lakeland Airway’s base in Temagami and guests will return by air to the lodge. Non-fishing guests and photography enthusiasts who would like to experience Temagami’s spectacular vistas by air can also book in advance for a 35-minute scenic flight subject to availability.
What to expect:
• Ground transportation from MRL to Temagami airbase departs around 8 AM (after breakfast)
• Flights generally depart by 8:30 AM or 9 AM
• Flight duration to lake destinations average 15-20 minutes
• Pick-up time for return flight to MRL is generally between 4 PM and 5 PM
• Guests are limited to 50 lbs cargo (rod, tackle box, camera, personal affects)
• Live bait, nets, safety gear and lunch are all provided
• Boats, motor and fuel provided
• Maximum 4 people per flight (3 guests plus guide)
• Maximum 6 people (3 per boat)
• Additional same-day flights for groups up to 6 (including guide) may be available at extra cost
• All bookings are non-cancellable; subject to rescheduling at pilot discretion
• Flights and selected lakes are all subject to weather and wind conditions
• Fuel surcharges may apply